Money-Media, a fast-growing, entrepreneurial subsidiary of The Financial Times, is an online media firm focused on being the premier source of news and intelligence for specialized businesses. Through our extensive suite of products, Money-Media delivers must-have content that helps people do their jobs better and supports the business IQ of hundreds of thousands of readers across the world.
We are seeking a dedicated and talented Sales Executive assigned to sell registrations for The Outstanding Directors Exchange (ODX). The ODX is the gold standard for director education and community among sitting public company directors. This candidate will be responsible for leading the effort to promote the event and sell delegate registrations.
What will I be responsible for?
- Effectively present and sell product to current and potential clients
- Establish, develop and maintain customer relationships
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Maintain detailed and organized records within company CRM
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts
- Conduct in-depth sales discussions to promote product
- Report market feedback to help improve the sales and marketing process
- Utilizing marketing data effectively to secure delegate registrations
- Maintain and report pipeline on a regular basis
- Effectively cold call existing database to promote product
- Ability to articulate company policy regarding registration terms
What experience/skills do I need to be successful in this role?
- Be able to show a basic understanding of the sales process and dynamics along with superb interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of 2-year successful track record in sales; will consider recent college graduate with strong desire for sales
- Experience in lead development, lead follow up, targeted account selling and closing deals in person, email and by telephone
- Proven persuasion and negotiation skills
- Must take initiative and be a self-starter
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Experience attending conferences and trade shows, working meeting rooms and developing a good rapport with prospects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong experience in relationship building
- High comfort level selling to senior level executives
- Positive, can-do, hands on approach when faced with obstacles to success
- Organizational skills and effective time management to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- SalesForce experience a plus
What’s in it for you? Culture & Benefits
As an employee, you can expect:
- Generous paid time off including vacation, personal days, sick days
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life & disability insurance for employees and their families
- Competitive 401k and company match, profit sharing, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and commuter benefits
- Paid parental leave (maternity & paternity)
- Flexible working
- Other great perks such as summer Friday’s, volunteer days and in-office events
- Employee-led networks which promote and celebrate diversity and inclusion in the workplace by connecting, engaging and empowering individuals across the organization
Here at the FT, we encourage you to bring your whole self to work. We know our most valuable resources are our people, we embrace the unique skills, experiences, and perspectives that each of our employees brings with them -- it’s what helps us build a great product and even better teams.
We welcome all members of the community to apply regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Candidates should be aware that new employees will be required to be vaccinated by their start date, meaning they have received all of the recommended doses for either a one dose or two dose COVID-19 vaccine, and provide proof of vaccination status (e.g. CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) , which will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer, and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely-held religious belief or a medical disability where it does not pose an undue hardship on the Company.