Here at the Financial Times, gold-standard journalism is just the beginning. 500-people strong, our Product and Tech team keeps us ahead of the ever-changing digital landscape by delivering cutting-edge products to over one million digital subscribers every day. Our plans for growth rely on a diverse, dedicated and dynamic group of product, tech, delivery and data specialists - everyone’s welcome in this friendly, forward-thinking team. And with entrepreneurial spirit, intelligence and opportunity at every turn, there’s no limits to where your FT career will take you.
Our Enterprise product group is relatively new, and growing fast, and consists of a portfolio of services to support business (B2B) customers of the FT, ranging from individuals and start-ups to the world’s biggest companies. Our vision for Enterprise includes intuitive dashboards and tools empowering customers to manage licences and access across platforms, with content and experiences personalised to their company, industry and interests, and new tools to support individuals and team to discover, research and share content. We are also developing new products in data and in education - all part of our mission to be our audience’s partner in information and professional development, from classroom to boardroom.
Product at the FT
At the FT we believe that empowered, cross-functional product teams can build amazing things, and our focus is on providing the environment, culture and tools to allow them to thrive. The role of Product is to provide the servant-leadership for these teams. We identify opportunities that are valuable and strategically relevant for the FT, and provide the context and direction for our partners in design and engineering to build delightful, intuitive products that solve meaningful problems. Our product managers are proactive, positive and able to smoothly jump from strategy to implementation detail.
About this role - what are our Enterprise products?
Our Enterprise products portfolio currently consists of three core product teams.
Self-service and Account Management - This team manages all of the features related to business customers’ use of the platform. This will include usage dashboards, our business licence finder, product payments, and access management. This area integrates particularly closely with our Core and Internal Products teams.
Onsite Experience - This team manages all aspects of a business customers’ experience of FT.com and our Apps. This includes the screens and features to allow customers to discover the FT, onboard to their company licence, set up an experience personalised to their role, company and industry needs, and set up teams and communities for sharing and engaging on content.
Services and Tools - This team builds the tools and integrations to ensure our business customers can get the best out of the FT everyday. These include sharing functions (via collaboration tools and external links), tools to allow better interaction with our content and data (such as highlighting, annotation and tagging), and new products that connect our audience to communities of practice and role-specific content.
As an FT Enterprise Product Manager you will be the product lead for one of these teams and take end-to-end ownership of identifying and delivering value to our customers.
What are we looking for in our Product Managers?
You will need to bring at least 3 years of hands-on digital product management experience, as well as previous experience in a related discipline, and a keen interest in customer-centred design and data-driven decision making. You should actively want to work in a truly empowered, cross-functional product team - and be motivated by building products that help people analyse, understand, and connect around the most important issues affecting the world today.
A strong commercial aptitude is useful, alongside an innate curiosity to find the ‘Why’ behind a problem, and to craft solutions in close partnership with a cross-functional team. You will have built at least one large-scale product end-to-end, ideally in the SaaS and/or content space, and have a clear technical and design understanding of what great product development looks like.
Some specific experience and competencies we will look for:
- Customer Insight
- A curious mind that keeps you learning about our customers and what they need, ensuring this is at the centre of how we measure outcomes and value
- The capacity to bring detailed data and insights about the customer to company-wide conversations - allowing you to act as a true champion for their needs in your product area.
- Product Strategy
- A demonstrated ability to use data, insights, and product strategy to identify problem opportunities and turn them into features and products
- Real-world commercial acumen, ideally developed working closely alongside sales and marketing teams, and a clear understanding of how group product strategy aligns with value to customers and drives revenue
- Product Execution
- Strong interest and passion for product development, including the structure and set-up of empowered teams, and the practice of product management.
- Attention to detail and a willingness to get involved ‘in the weeds’ with design and engineering; researching with customers, shaping work, documenting and thinking through user flows and data
- Influencing People
- An optimistic and positive attitude - with the capacity to influence your team and business partners, and inspire them to build great things
- Great verbal and written communication skills, with a proven ability to develop the narrative for the products you lead and use this to help the team work collaboratively across the organisation
Our Social Package includes
- 25 days annual paid leave
- Annual bonus scheme
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance (after first 6 months)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Food Vouchers
- Multisport Card
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
There’s a lot going on at Financial Times! Click to find out more about us on FT.com.
Don't hesitate to send over your CV!
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.