Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
Investors’ Chronicle is looking for a Digital Growth Manager to help build on its already significant online presence among the UK investing community. Working closely with the editorial, marketing and product and technology teams, the Digital Growth Manager would be expected to enhance the impact of the Investors’ Chronicle’s online content across its website, audio, video and social media channels by embedding and promoting best practice in digital presentation, delivery, content marketing and search engine optimisation.
- To focus on driving growth in traffic and subscriptions to the IC through a data-led content strategy, newsletters, SEO, and improved content discoverability.
- Working closely with the IC editorial team to develop a strategy that strengthens our relationship with existing subscribers, and helps to build new ones with non subscriber audience groups
- Managing content curation and ensuring the timely publication of fresh and engaging content on the website which serves the purpose of engaging with a range of audience groups and is designed to maximise traffic flow. They will help upload contributor content to the CMS
- Promoting and delivering effective SEO practice and analysing website engagement data to inform editorial strategy and commissioning. This will include regular reports to the editor/editorial team
- Liaise with the relevant product and technology support teams to ensure that the CMS and website are functioning and if not to resolve problems as quickly as possible
- Managing and maintaining the website’s taxonomy - and ensuring that the editorial team comply with the website’s tagging requirements
- Ensuring delivery of the daily newsletter and working closely with editorial and marketing on the IC’s newsletter strategy, including the launch of potential new newsletters.
- Working collaboratively with the marketing team to attract and retain subscribers and help them promote the IC through our social media channels
- Working closely with the IC product and technology teams to continually develop and improve the website, lead projects as necessary, and identify and solve problems that hinder growth in subscriber numbers
- Collaborating with the Production desk to ensure the daily digital deadlines and needs are met, and to improve how we present data visually
- Ensuring that the Education section of the website is revamped to the extent that it performs its intended function, and thereafter is maintained and plays a key role in the first-time visitor-to-subscriber journey
- Liaising with providers such as IHS Markit (data pages) and resolving any issues relating to this type of content. Also working with third party data suppliers to improve the tools available to IC users.
- Working with customer services/CDS to help resolve subscriber website issues
- Participating in regular meetings with senior managers, marketing, editorial, commercial, tech and data on website development and other initiatives
- Liaising with the digital production staff on the IC’s podcast and video output.
- Working with the marketing and events team to help ensure the Investors Chronicle’s events programme is supported online and promoted via the website and social media channels.
- Strong understanding of SEO best practice and content led digital growth strategies
- Experience of working in subscription-led titles
- Experience of managing a website and using CMS
- Ability to lead digital first publishing teams
- Editing skills
- Ability to work with cross functional teams including marketing, product and technology to pursue editorial strategies
- Experience of newsletter best practice
- Ability to use data to inform editorial decision making
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.