Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The position reports to the Head of Germany, and is responsible for supporting the sales team. Collaboration across teams within the FT is essential and we are looking for candidates that can show that they are able to deliver results through working effectively with editorial, marketing and advertising operations departments as well as colleagues across the wider team. You will work closely with these teams to help build compelling proposals based on client strategy, KPIs and outcomes.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated individual who is interested in pursuing a career in media sales to join our team! This program is a paid, six month internship.
Applications will be accepted until Wednesday 18 May 2022.
As an intern we want you to truly be part of the team and to make a meaningful contribution during your time on the team. Our internships are designed to involve you with hands-on project work from day one, you will face new challenges every day and work alongside career professionals. We want you to gain a better understanding of a media sales team, through learning experiences, and gain skills to ensure a successful transition there.
What You’ll Work On
- Supporting the sales team with building presentations, spreadsheets and other useful documents using information provided by them to you
- Assist with inputting data into our CRM system, including updating contact info, logging activities and creating regular, accurate sector reports
- Scan FT and its competitors (Economist, WSJ, NYT) for potential new clients
- Make introductory calls/emails to potential new clients and where relevant organising sales calls for you & the sales team to discuss FT opportunities
- Learn FT’s product portfolio and how to put these forward to new clients, deciding which mediums are best used at which point of the client’s marketing funnel
- Learn how trading and negotiations are made in a sales environment, using these skills to win new business
- You have German language knowledge
- You can juggle multiple projects at the same time, organising and prioritising comes naturally to you
- You are a confident communicator and eager to learn how the media sales world works
- You possess a hunger for information and a desire for professional success.
- You should actively listen and pose relevant questions to ensure your learning is optimal. When faced with internal or external challenges, engage your more senior team members to assist in finding a solution, while maintaining a professional and polite working relationship.
- Have excellent organisation skills and the ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.