Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
FT.com is the award-winning website of the Financial Times, providing the gold standard in global business news and information. FT.com’s innovative business model has made it one of the world’s most successful digital news operations. We believe in knowing our readers and advertisers and that is reflected in everything we do.
The Campaign Management team is responsible for providing a first class service to our clients, working alongside multiple teams across the commercial floor and becoming a key stakeholder in the successful delivery of digital campaigns across all FT entities.
As part of the newly formed vertical mapping, the team specialise not only in the delivery of campaigns but also throughout the briefing and reporting stages, offering insight and intelligence that leads to the successful delivery. Once an order is received, the campaign needs to be delivered and managed with strict attention to detail to ensure the campaign runs smoothly with optimisation to agreed metrics as required.
A proactive approach is taken, ensuring reporting and unique insight in provided and fed back to all teams and presented to our clients
Purpose of the Role
As a Campaign Executive, you will be responsible for helping deliver your vertical to the highest of standards and will work closely with the Senior Campaign Manager to help deliver excellent customer service alongside successfully delivered campaigns.
You will be responsible for making sure that your vertical’s goals are met and that our key objectives and values are consistently met.
As a Campaign Executive, you will also report into the SCM Vertical Lead and work closely alongside the rest of the Campaign Management team to make sure the verticals are delivering toward excellent service and success.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide the sales teams with regular reports on available inventory by targeting type. Ensure that our available inventory is correctly managed and offer solutions as required for targeting to ensure the sales team can offer solutions to advertisers
- Manage orders from the point of booking through to delivery including generating and sending order forms, chasing and inserting advert creative, checking compliance and monitoring delivery to an agreed goal
- Provide visibility to the operations team and the sales team for the status of all orders ensuring campaigns start on schedule and are delivering as expected and that potential issues are raised proactively with a view to early resolution of problems. Where possible, set up automated alerts and a process that operates as an early warning system for potential issues
- Testing of all advert creative, ensuring they meet FT specifications, are legally compliant and work correctly on the site. Build strong working relationships with creative agencies
- Pro-actively provide campaign reporting and presentations tailored to the stage of a campaign and work with the sales teams and advertisers to optimise campaigns to an agreed metric.
- Work with the Data Strategists to provide insight on aspects of the campaign that perform well and also which aspects of the campaign are under-performing. Work together on optimisation ideas that will help to improve campaign performance.
- Ensure that you or a designated colleague respond to all standard emails within 4 hours and that business critical issues are responded to within one hour
- Regularly provide updates to the operations team managers on campaign performance and any potential issues.
Qualifications / Competencies / Skills / Experience
- You have an interest in digital advertising services
- Demonstrable experience of being able to prioritise workload, to work to agreed schedules and to respond in a timely manner as required
- You should be able to show that you are a first class communicator and that you will be able to build working relationships both internally and externally
- You should be comfortable with digital technologies with a strong understanding of social media, video and mobile
- It is important that you can demonstrate analysis and reporting skills and are able to translate the analysis into engaging presentations and reports
- Excellent communicator at all levels, a natural evangelist who is passionate about advertising operations as a discipline and our vital role at the FT.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills both for reporting and campaign optimisation
- Ability to form strong working relationships
- Comfortable with prioritisation
- You are execution focused and are keen to succeed
- Results-driven, high-performing, high-quality work attitude
- You are pro-active and look to seek out the opportunities rather than waiting to be asked
- Have a strong personal interest in the news media and advertising, relishing the chance to help build the future of one of the great global brands in media
- You must demonstrate the maturity to work independently on a day-to-day basis and have the wisdom to know when to collaborate, delegate and/or escalate
- You work in a collaborative manner and are pro-active in always seeking to improve
- You have a desire and a hunger to look at the bigger picture looking more broadly at the needs of FT without being limited to just the specific campaigns or sales reps you are working with
- An appetite to be involved with fast moving technology will be an advantage
- Interest and knowledge of Financial institutions and the Financial services sector/brands is a plus
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.