Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
FT Specialist is a division of the FT Group, providing niche audience groups with must-have information that helps them make better decisions and operate more effectively.
We are seeking a dedicated and talented Sales Executive to join our London-based subscription sales team. The successful candidate will be responsible for selling corporate subscriptions to FT Specialist’s newest product, Sustainable Views, which provides financial services companies with essential insights into the fast-changing world of ESG policy and regulation.
The Sales Executive will be responsible for building relationships with prospective clients, and meeting new sales and renewal targets. The role involves a mix of face to face and telephone sales, and will report into FT Specialist’s Commercial Director, based in London.
- Effectively present and sell the product to current and potential clients
- Establish, develop and maintain customer relationships
- Achieve agreed new sales and renewals targets
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts, and conduct in-depth sales discussions
- Report market feedback to help continually improve the product
- Utilise marketing data effectively to secure subscription sales
- Maintain and report pipeline on a regular basis
- Effectively cold call existing database to promote product
- Ability to articulate company policy regarding subscription terms & conditions
Required Skills / Experience
- Established track record of success in sales (both face to face and telephone)
- Experience in lead development, lead follow up, targeted account selling and closing deals in person, email and by telephone
- Proven persuasion and negotiation skills
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Strong experience in relationship building
- Organisational skills and effective time management to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Key account management experience of sizeable and demanding clients
- The ability to work closely with other teams (eg editorial and marketing).
- Ability to present to clients / prospects at all levels
- Experience in attending conferences and trade shows, working meeting rooms and developing rapport with prospects
- Foreign language skills (French, Spanish, German, or Italian) are not required but would be an advantage
- Background / experience in selling to the financial services industry
- Passion for selling
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to listen carefully
- Tenacious sales manner coupled with discretion and a consultative approach
- Positive approach to problem solving when faced with obstacles
- A self-starter with initiative, who can work as part of a team
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working, medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages and subsidised gym memberships. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.