Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
There is no single type of person whom we employ at the FT; our strength is in our employees, from all different backgrounds, united by a passion for delivering compelling, smart journalism.
The FT UK Luxury Advertising team is looking for an experienced Account Director to join the London office on a full time basis. The role involves negotiating multi-platform advertising campaign agreements and building and managing credible, long term relationships with some of the FT’s biggest luxury clients and their agencies. You will be responsible for delivering challenging content, digital and print revenue targets through creativity, use of sophisticated research and audience and platform insight. A consultative approach to selling based on an understanding of the client’s brand values and their communication objectives is paramount. You will be expected to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the current international and domestic media landscape.
You will be part of a team spanning several global offices, this is a hardworking team with a culture that is both fun and collaborative. Creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged as is a consultative approach to selling based on deeply understanding brands and their communication objectives.
- Grow revenue year on year from your client/agency patch as well as new business generation.
- Achieve and exceed challenging team revenue goals.
- Represent the Financial Times Group to customers (both agency and client direct) and meet with clients regularly either via video call or face to face.
- Present sales pitches both in response to brief and proactively to clients and their media agencies.
- Consistently seek new revenue opportunities i.e. new product initiatives, creative solution selling, industry sector based initiatives and other projects.
- Manage all aspects of the sales and account management process including negotiating complex deals and managing high level projects with tight timelines.
- Act as an ambassador for the FT and solidify its profile within the UK luxury advertising market.
- Build long term, high trust relationships with clients and their advisors at board and planning level.
- Be seen as a trusted partner and consultant for clients’ marketing and communication needs.
- Deliver outstanding customer service in the day-to-day management of clients’ business.
- Build positive working relationships across the business including: Editorial, product management, research and digital insights team.
- Build collaborative relationships and effective communications with the FT Global offices to ensure integrated management of international and regional client accounts.
- Be seen as a ‘Thought Leader’ e.g. Take the initiative and lead with learning opportunities for the team
- Act as a role model e.g. Work closely with more junior members of the team to demonstrate how to take a client from brief to execution
- To lead by example when it comes to trust, transparency and professionalism.
- Be responsible for keeping up to date all necessary sales collateral, sector presentations etc.
Required Skills / Experience
- Around 5 years of media sales experience ideally within the core luxury space
- Personable, professional and with a proven track record in either a client facing or agency sales role
- Natural gravitas with the ability to operate autonomously at the highest level
- Genuine interest and passion for the luxury market
- Hungry to develop existing relationships and create new contacts so as to drive new and incremental revenue.
- An excellent communicator with professional maturity, gravitas, influencing skills and the ability to operate at the highest level.
- Accountable, highly organised, and able to manage their own time effectively.
- Able to excel individually and as part of a part team.
- Experienced in creating and executing commercial content partnerships.
- Experienced in using customer management platforms e.g. Salesforce.
- Ideally experienced is the use of G Suite tools.
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.