Financial AdvisorIQ, an online daily from the Financial Times, is looking for an associate editor to join its team covering the retail financial advice industry.
We are the premier publication covering the registered investment advisors (RIAs), broker-dealer representatives and other professionals who work with investors to build financial plans.
The Associate Editor will be responsible for generating story ideas, selecting and shaping stories, editing copy and working with reporters. She or he will work in tandem with the Managing Editor to publish the daily newsletter and on special features and will track the flow of editorial copy, graphics and video. This role requires attention to detail, a judicious editing eye, sharp writing style, ability to break news and skill needed to develop a broad source network.
As Associate Editor, you will serve as deputy to the Managing Editor, taking on the Managing Editor’s duties when she is out.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established, stable, profitable, respected publication. FinancialAdvisor IQ is in growth mode, and reaches more than 100,000 industry practitioners and executives each day.
Money-Media is a friendly company with an entrepreneurial spirit. We are an organization of people with initiative and integrity who are passionate about their profession and value positive and creative thinking, a commitment to continual improvement and resilience.
What You Will Be Responsible For
- Report, write and create video content based on interviews
- Become an expert on the subject matter and write with clarity, insight and depth
- Establish and maintain close relationships with broker-dealer, RIA and other industry executives and their companies
- Serve as back-up to the managing editor, and help to generate story ideas and shape coverage
- Attend industry events and meet with prospects to stay on top of the latest industry trends (virtually or otherwise)
- Work with other departments to produce videos, graphics etc. as necessary for editorial coverage
- On occasion, moderate webcasts or panels at events run by Money-Media or the Financial Times’ events group
Skills & Experience
- The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to succeed and a proven track record of reporting high-quality content. We seek a person with strong intelligence, high energy, creativity, persistence, and resilience.
- At least five years of business reporting experience, including experience working on a daily or wire publication. Some editing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to write or produce content for a specific niche audience. Experience working a beat and knowing how to generate scoops, enterprise story ideas and other content that distinguishes a publication.
- Ability to recognize and respond to readers’ needs.
- Knowledge of the financial advice market specifically or financial services generally a definite plus.
- A high personal standard of excellence and pride in the work you do.
- Curiosity and a desire to learn.
If This Sounds Like You
Check us out at www.financialadvioriq.com and www.money-media.com and let us know why you’d be a good fit for this position by sending a cover letter, resume and a few clips.
What’s In It For You? Our benefits and Culture
Generous paid time off
Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life & disability insurance
Competitive 401k and company match, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and commuter benefits
Paid parental leave
Money-Media, a fast-growing, entrepreneurial subsidiary of The Financial Times, is an online media firm focused on being the premier source of news and intelligence for specialized businesses. Through an extensive suite of products, Money-Media delivers must-have content that helps people do their jobs better and supports the business IQ of hundreds of thousands of readers across the world.
Join us and find an inclusive and fast-paced environment with unique opportunities to support every step of your career. Learn more about us, including announcements and career opportunities, at aboutus.ft.com.
Candidates should be aware that new employees will be required to be vaccinated by their start date, meaning they have received all of the recommended doses for either a one dose or two dose COVID-19 vaccine, and provide proof of vaccination status (e.g. CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) , which will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer, and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely-held religious belief or a medical disability where it does not pose an undue hardship on the Company.