Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
We have offices in more than 35 cities, including London, New York, Hong Kong, Beijing, Manila, Sofia, San Francisco, and Tokyo. Join us and find an inclusive and fast-paced environment with unique opportunities to support every step of your career.
Learn more about the FT, including announcements and career opportunities, at aboutus.ft.com.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
The Marketing Manager will lead the FT’s commercial marketing programme in the Americas. Creating multi-channel campaigns - with an emphasis on digital and CRM - that develop client relationships, generate new business leads and extend our commercial brand in the region.
Working closely with the VP for sales, advertising sales leadership team and the marketing director, create and execute a marketing strategy to support the growth of our Americas advertising business with a focus on strategic geographic and industrial markets.
- Working with the CRM Marketing Manager, create digital campaigns that generate and nurture leads in the Americas - in alignment with the overall strategy - and deliver engagement with all clients. These should be built in Salesforce and Pardot using best-practice approaches.
- Work with the wider marketing team and the commercial research team to create content to fuel these campaigns.
- Working with the wider marketing team, support the roll-out our our CRM development programme in the Americas. This will include advising on systems and data setup and usage and programme advocacy.
- Immersed in our client and campaign / content performance data, draw insights to inform client strategy, the design of our Americas marketing programmes and to help us work smarter across sales, marketing and operations.
- Conceive of, plan and execute client-facing commercial events in the Americas. Some of these will be within existing industry conferences (e.g. Ad Week NYC, Frieze Art Fair) - for which contracts will need to be negotiated - and some will be FT-hosted.
- Working with the design studio and commercial team, lead on the creation of sales materials for the Americas. These will include both client-specific proposals and generic materials.
- Lead on business-as-usual updates to our website and ensure initiatives in the Americas are represented in a timely and appropriate fashion.
- Ensure our media relations team is fed with a regular flow of stories from the commercial department.
- Manage and forecast allocated budgets, delivering work within agreed timescales and expenditure limits.
- Support the Marketing Director and Head of Commercial Marketing, EMEA on broader strategic initiatives.
Skills and Experience
- Successful track record (3-5 years) in a B2B marketing role
- Experience creating campaigns in the Salesforce / Pardot ecosystem
- Demonstrable experience managing agency relationships
- Competence managing and reconciling a budget
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Event conception and management experience
- A pro-active outlook and ability to take the initiative
- Ability to ‘make a difference’ by gaining buy-in from key stakeholders
- Self starter with high energy and initiative - able to manage up, down and across the organisation
- Able to write high-quality marketing copy
- Experience in the media / publishing / advertising sector
- Marketing graduate or professional qualification in marketing or related business area
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working, medical cover, and enhanced maternity & paternity packages. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
Candidates should be aware that new employees will be required to be vaccinated by their start date, meaning they have received all of the recommended doses for either a one dose or two dose COVID-19 vaccine, and provide proof of vaccination status (e.g. CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) , which will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer, and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely-held religious belief or a medical disability where it does not pose an undue hardship on the Company.
At the FT, we know our most valuable resources are our people and we embrace our employees’ unique skills, experiences, and perspectives. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer that seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying, and discrimination. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.