Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
The Sales Manager will be expected to support the Sales Director, Southeast Asia to develop the Singaporean market through consultative media service sales and establish the FT as their first thought when looking for a marketing partner. Some of the ways we do this is, but isn’t limited, to:
- Thought leadership (FT voice)
- Branded content (Brand voice)
- Media and creative services for corporates.
Every business is unique and so is our offering. We produce bespoke programmes utilising our group portfolio. You will have the ability to work across the following:
- FT editorial in print and digital
- FT Live events
- Creative Services through Alpha Grid
- other group media including FT Specialist and Nikkei products
We expect the successful candidate to engage in the following activities:
- Working closely with the advertising agencies on a regular basis and have constant conversations on a variety of clients; from big solution pitches to trading and programmatic.
- Proactively identify new target clients for FT Marketing Services offering.
- Produce high quality proposals and presentations.
- Ensure smooth and successful execution of campaigns by closely working with the Asia team; Planning, Production, Project Management, Audience Marketing and Campaign Management.
- Work closely with the content solutions business development manager to accelerate the sales of FT content solutions.
- Work closely with the campaign management team to identify regionally packaged display products for regional clients
Ideal candidates would have:
- Experience in media such as digital media, TV, agency side business and/or in the marketing field.
- Good knowledge of digital marketing and data technologies including programmatic trading.
- A sharp sense for branding through content engagement and passion to deliver business results as well as providing slick deliverables
- Ability to prove qualitative and quantitative reach and analysis of marketing campaigns
- Ability to showcase the demand for FT’s high level output in the formats of research, branded content, thought leadership, advertising and corporate videos
- Ability to sell ‘halo effect’
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.