Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
- Monitor and help reconcile all integration accounts across Jumia countries in Africa
- Produce reconciliations of key integrated accounts
- Train local teams on new processes and systems
- Support local teams during monthly book closing and audit preparation
- Communicate with the local accounting teams on daily basis and fully supporting them
- Coordinate reporting needs locally and centrally
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 2-5 years of experience in accounting field
- Willingness to travel to Africa – at least 25% of time
- Degree in Finance/Accounting
- Experience in ERP (Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a plus) and backend systems
- Very organized with attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate globally and work cross-functionally with other teams
- Ability to work across all levels of the Organization
- Fluent in English
- Proficient in Excel
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders