Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
About Jumia Egypt Tech Centers
Want to be part of the biggest tech center in Africa and work in mixed teams with over 16 different nationalities? Join Jumia Egypt Tech Centers where tech meets purpose. At Egypt Tech Centers you will be managed by and mentored by top tech leaders in both Portugal and Egypt. You will also be working with state of the art technologies & methodologies, and using agile philosophy, all as means to improve the lives of millions of Africans across the continent by offering them convenient and affordable online solutions. And with that as our PURPOSE, innovation at Jumia NEVER stops and you will be moving from one exciting challenge to the next.
- Autonomy interpreting business/technical requirements, designing, implementing and testing high-quality solutions
- Work in a team-based development environment with modular code base, peer reviews and pull requests, with disciplined use of source code control and documentation
- Constant aim for quality, scalability, performance, and architecture keeping good practices, security, and compliance in check
- Be part of a fast and agile development process
- Contribute actively and proactively to optimize applications, processes, and methodologies
- Be willful to help peers, being part of a collaborative environment for development, testing, and automation tasks
- Strong working experience (+3 years) and knowledge with Golang
- Experience with Golang Web Frameworks (e.g. Gin Gonic, Rebel)
- Clear understanding of OOP, Design Patterns and anti-patterns, SOLID principles
- Working experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Experienced with testing layers (unit, integration and functional testing) and version control technologies (e.g. GIT)
- Understanding of Queuing systems (e.g. SQS, RabbitMQ)
- Eager to work in team environment and share knowledge
- Likes problem analysis and solving
- Enthusiast and an interested in technologies and innovation
- Solution oriented and proactive attitude, in parallel with “Get Things Done” mindset
The following skills are not required but will make your profile stand out.
- Experience with other languages like PHP and JS
- Prior experience with of the following technologies: Apache Kafka, Couchbase, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Redis
- Experience with microservices oriented architecture
- Familiar with SCRUM methodology
Academic & trades qualifications
- Academic background in IT or equivalent
- Knowledge in algorithms and distributed systems
- Proficiency in English
- 3 year of experience
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders