Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
About Jumia Cairo Tech Center
Want to be part of the biggest tech center in Africa and work in mixed teams with over 16 different nationalities? Join Jumia Cairo Tech Center where tech meets purpose. At Cairo Tech Center you will be managed by and mentored by top tech leaders in both Portugal and Egypt. You will also be working with state of the art technologies & methodologies, and using agile philosophy, all as means to improve the lives of millions of Africans across the continent by offering them convenient and affordable online solutions. And with that as our PURPOSE, innovation at Jumia NEVER stops and you will be moving from one exciting challenge to the next.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will be part of an agile team that develops e-commerce, smart logistics, and payment solutions.
- Your work will integrate a service oriented architecture using state- of-the-art technologies and software development practices; You will own your services and be responsible end-to-end; You will take ownership for your code to be qualitatively high and you will support your colleagues in code reviews;
- You will change the Internet landscape in Africa and the World one line of code at a time.
Experience & Background required :
- Experience with development in NodeJS Language
- Acquainted with building testable code, unit tests and/or integration tests
- Knowledgeable of software design and architecture patterns
- Knowledgeable of SQL and relational databases
- Fluent in English
The following gives you a good head start:
- Additional experience in either Go and/or Java
- DevSecOps mindset
- Aware of fault-tolerance and secure programming concepts
- Experienced in some of the following concepts: message queuing, caching, NoSQL, SOA, CI/CD, application and system monitoring
- Experienced in some of the following technologies: Maven, Gradle, Hibernate, Kafka, Redis, Prometheus, Docker, Kubernetes, SonarCube, Jenkins
- Experienced working with Scrum processes
References we use daily at work:
Mr. Martin Fowler: https://martinfowler.com/ The Clean Code by Robert C. Martin (or simply Uncle Bob)
The Pragmatic Programmer by Andrew Hunt and David Thomas Release it! By Michael T. Nygard Agile Estimating and Planning by Mike Cohn http://highscalability.com/
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders