Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
About Jumia Egypt Tech Centers
Want to be part of the biggest tech center in Africa and work in mixed teams with over 16 different nationalities? Join Jumia Egypt Tech Centers where tech meets purpose. At Egypt Tech Centers you will be managed by and mentored by top tech leaders in both Portugal and Egypt. You will also be working with state of the art technologies & methodologies, and using agile philosophy, all as means to improve the lives of millions of Africans across the continent by offering them convenient and affordable online solutions. And with that as our PURPOSE, innovation at Jumia NEVER stops and you will be moving from one exciting challenge to the next.
What you will be doing:
- Be part of the Jumia Engineering team and play a key role in Jumia's technology plan
- Be a role model for the Jumia Values
- Work effectively cross-functionally discussing and identifying new opportunities for projects and features
- Align architectural decisions with and across Engineering teams, ensuring the progress towards the target vision for the Jumia platform
- Arbitrate on technical decisions within your scope
- Directly contribute to systems design and write code to set the example of what technical excellence looks like in Jumia
- Coach engineers in your scope
- Ensure system reliability and compliance
- Find a group of humble and intelligent people ready to make you grow and to grow with you
- Change the Internet landscape in Africa and the World through your team
What we are looking for:
- 8+ years experience as an individual contributor working with agile methodologies
- A proactive challenger mindset: if there's room for improvement, you'll say it
- A solver mindset: when there is a will, there is a way
- A strong business sense: you understand the impact of your work
- The ability to be autonomous and to own your decisions
- The ambition to grow the company and within the company
- Full professional English proficiency
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders