Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
This position will work with the Leadership team and be responsible for project management, client and vendor management and financial management related to transportation management (inbound, outbound and forward brokerage operations throughout the region across all business segments).
Hub Transport Management:
- Managing co-loader contracts and assisting to negotiate with fleet contractors for better pricing:
- Dispute solving and MIS maintenance
- Planning initiatives for reduction in fleet contractors’ cost
- Performance management for TAT adherence across all lanes for both same city and long-haul movements
- Financial Reconciliation: Reconciliation of chargeable weight/ packets and any lost cases
Return Shipment Management:
- Manage any network operational issues and fleet contractors’ distribution to reduce return (DRTV) pendency and cost
- Share DRTV plan for 3PL partner based on forward load at Vendor drop-offs/ pick-ups/ network hub to manage handover
- Ensuring 100% acceptance of all return load from 3PLs and controlled fleet at network reverse hub
- Managing the lost compliance and write-off guidelines for shipments stuck at network
- Ensuring cycle count being done as per the SLA guidelines at all the network hubs
- Manage customer escalation cases for all shipments stuck at network - RCA done for exact issue
- Drive new process initiative and Institutionalize tech changes required for better alignment / visibility of shipments
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university; Degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet etc.
- Proficient in Google Office Suite – Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
- 3 years minimum experience, preferably in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment with a strong focus on logistics or alternatives supply chain
- Good understanding of Transportation Logistics network management, Retail or Customer Service processes and priorities
- Experience of supply chain management and transportation concepts: forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, carrier negotiation, inventory management, S&OP.
- Basic/Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred.
- Ability to lead large and remote teams
- Hardworking, result oriented, methodical, very structured;
- Pro-active, both autonomous and team player, Flexible; high analytical skills;
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders