Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Location: Lagos, Ibadan, Portharcout, Abuja
As Account Manager (Cluster Manager), you will be responsible to manage hubs within your scope of region with a key focus to improve operational excellence in the handling and delivery of packages to meet the required SLA. You will play an active role in the monitoring and tracking of queues performance and ensure to push where required for the timely delivery of packages by effective management of Hubs, Dispatch, and Reverse logistics.
- Queue monitoring: Responsible for the monitoring of queues in the delivery chain by tracking movement of packages in the operations management systems to ensure timely and efficient movement of packages.
- Push back when required on responsible parties in the delivery chain (network, dispatch, reverse logics) to ensure smooth flow of the delivery is carried out within the agreed SLA.
- Track the performance of queues and share daily reports with the relevant stakeholders.
- Perform a deep-dive into delivery analytics to identify trends, challenges, and problem-solve to improve the overall delivery and efficiency of the process and responsible for effecting those changes.
- People Management: Responsible for managing the hub associates, share knowledge to improve skills, identify strong links in the team to ensure they grow to new challenging tasks, and weak-links to provide couching and support to upskill the team.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to crunch large data to identify insights and trends.
- Solution oriented; must be a good problem solver to proffer solutions to complex logistics problems.
- Good Leadership skills.
- Ability to manage stakeholders upwards.
- Good communication in English (written and oral).
- Intermediate – advanced level proficiency in MS Excel.
Qualification & Experience
- Management Proficiency: quality management experience to manage a team with a team focus environment.
- Excellent understanding of B2C supply chain
- Excellent communication skills to work with internal and external customers and vendors.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders