Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Tasks and duties
- You are in charge of the daily reconciliation of cash collections from riders, this consists in:
- making sure that all delivered orders have been paid for
- verifying the payment method indicated by the delivery associates and the corresponding cash / POS remittance
- You are responsible of the accuracy of the balances of each rider and your hub
- all collections must be completed and recorded the same day
- at the beginning of each day, you will report the collections of the previous day and share the list of any outstanding collections
- You will publish daily remittance collection pending report by riders from cpmt. The information will be used by the city managers to chase the recovery from the reported riders daily with necessary actions if needed.
- Great attention to details
- Rigorous and won't close business before making sure all orders are reconciled and cash is collected.
- Full collection of payments will be his/her responsibility.
- 1-2 years experience
- BSc in Accounting/Finance or any related course
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders