Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
The Revenue Manager will be interacting mostly with C-Levels of Jumia. It will definitely be a key success factor for him to engage the senior leadership team into what he/she identified as the next generation of revenue stream. As our profitability also relies on our topline, the Revenue Manager will be strongly committed with all commercial directors to ensure our new revenue streams do not impact negatively the top line. Based on his expertise, the revenue manager will also be the owner of most inventory decisions as well as budgets dedicated to investments into prices (e.g subsidy).
- Monitoring Gross Profit P&L performance vs budget:
o Building analysis to ensure smart reporting on the performance across all categories, leading to action- oriented recommendations (at Cat1 / Cat2 / Cat 3 + Seller Level at GP1 level).
o Improving our GP2 by optimizing seller and customer passthrough and adapting the commission matrix to reflect price leadership opportunities and scale our Value Added Services.
- Owner of developing the next generation for revenue streams focused on providing services to sellers (Values Added Services):
o Take ownership of VAS products including elaborating on the product value proposition, target market, application scenarios, key differentiators and USPs, benchmarking, trends and vision
o Monitoring, leading and accelerating the adoption of these services
o Designing action plans to be executed by KAMs
o Reconciliation of Marketing Contribution (Deal tracker vs booked by Finance) + back margin follow-up
o Making sure that all revenue streams are booked and correctly implemented
- Inventory Management:
o Management of POs (Retail): making sure that we inbound the right assortment at the right quantity and with a price leadership
o Management of COs (Consignment): CP coordination / execution of Inventory to ensure a healthy rolling stock
- Making sure that all products in our WH are visible on the website
- Making sure we give visibility to best sellers
o Making sure that they are picked as collections in the consumer needs (merchandising campaigns).
o Making sure that the seller subscribes to visibility services (SP,VAS, etc…)
-Making sure that we reprice the slowmovers (PSA, Phoenix)
o Coordinate Performance Steering Actions with KAMs so that they can negotiate deep discounts with sellers to animate a clearance campaigna
o Repricing of Forfeited Items:
-Coordinating with IT to make sure that the products are live on the website.
▪ Reprice the items in order to maximize our margins while ensuring that the items move quickly
▪ Work on the collections for the clearancecampaign.
-Ensuring Jumia is offering the lowest prices on its assortment by scanning, mapping and comparing Jumia and its competitors’ SKUs several times a week (“Phoenix Process”).
Qualification & Experience
- 2+ years experience in top tier consulting firms, 2+ years experience in top tier e-commerce firms, 2+ years in top tier investment banks or audit firms
- 7+ years of experience in a similar role, with at least 2 years in a leadership position
- Process Improvement Management
- Good understanding of P&L, and Cash-Flow Management
- Skilled negotiation & Value-based selling
- Experience negotiating bulk discounts, MOQs & Credit Terms
- Experience building partnership with strategic OEMs.
- Owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel (VBA would be a plus).
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders