Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
What you will be doing:
- Creating stunning user-centered designs on Android, iOS and web
- Getting the best out of UX research tools and methods
- Managing design teams across a wide, complicated, range of customer-facing and internal tools
- Maintaining shared design systems, ideally in Figma
- Creating amazing, compelling mobile-first prototypes
- Mentoring and coaching both junior and senior practitioners
- Setting up design and research teams for success through rituals and good practice
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years’ experience as Head of UX and Product Design
- A track record of excellent UX&UI practice and team management
- A true passion for getting know customers and user-centered designs
- Experience in eCommerce or similar complicated, customer-first environments
- Fluent in English (Mandatory)
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders