Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms among others, comprises of:
- Marketplace, where we integrate with our sellers and manage products;
- Mall, which is our core e-com platform that enables customers to buy products;
- Logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our external clients;
- Payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in our markets.
Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs and skills, and empowering a new generation.
About Jumia Cairo Tech Center
Want to be part of the biggest tech center in Africa and work in mixed teams with over 16 different nationalities? Join Jumia Cairo Tech Center where tech meets purpose. At Cairo Tech Center you will be managed by and mentored by top tech leaders in both Portugal and Egypt. You will also be working with state of the art technologies & methodologies, and using agile philosophy, all as means to improve the lives of millions of Africans across the continent by offering them convenient and affordable online solutions. And with that as our PURPOSE, innovation at Jumia NEVER stops and you will be moving from one exciting challenge to the next.
What you will be doing
Directly reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, you'll:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business, risks and processes for assigned projects
- Build intelligent programs based on data analytics and data science to automate and streamline audit activities
- Develop and maintain queries to facilitate the continuous auditing and monitoring activities
- Participate in the design of automated audit procedures and develop automated alerts that flag potential frauds and control exceptions
- Perform reconciliations of profile / service / status between platforms and investigate the discrepancies
- Manage activities of forensics analysis and investigate in order to identify risks or leakages
- Maintain proficiency with the latest techniques and trends in the arena of continuous auditing
What we are looking for
- Bachelor/Master’s in Computer Science or related
- Coding experience; proficient in programming languages such as Python, C++, C Sharp and Visual Basic or latest codes and machine learning algorithm
- 2-5 years of Data Analytics; automation of tasks in SQL
- Strong knowledge of PowerBI
- Experience in eCommerce, banking sector fraud management or telecom revenue assurance
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and process improvement skills
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term objective is to train the next generation of leaders