Klang is a game studio exploring the future of humanity through various forms of media. We aim to present deep, meaningful subjects in a way that's captivating, easy-to-digest and entertaining for all ages.
At the heart of Klang is Seed, a large-scale, persistent virtual world that we believe will redefine the MMO landscape and have a positive impact on our species.
We aspire to bring people together through engaging media experiences and by building strong communities.
It's a super exciting project, but in order for us to achieve a goal like this we are going to need a lot of help! From people just like you.
We are currently looking for a 3D Animator to join us on our journey here at Klang and to help bring SEED to life.
This is a super exciting chance to join our Animation Team. We are a very ambitious team that aims to reflect the uniqueness of reality through lively animations. We work accurately and in detail while keeping the whole picture in check. Our appreciative, supportive and creative atmosphere will help you achieve your personal and professional goals.
Movement is life, and life is animated.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to delve into the complex realm of animation, gaining insights into the intricate interplay between emotions and their visual manifestation on characters. You’ll explore the nuances of human behaviour and its consequential movements, finding fascination in both naturalistic and stylized animation. Leveraging your understanding of acting, you’ll internalise movements to breathe life into characters, applying this knowledge to create captivating animations.
Our Animation Team works remotely, so you can either work remotely from somewhere in Europe, or from our Berlin office. The team meets 2-4 times per year for in-person teamwork and collaboration, so if you join us as a remote employee you must be willing to travel to Berlin as required on these occasions.
So what will you be doing?
- Creating a wide range of different, naturalistic high quality animations for SEED
- Proactively collaborating with different teams within Klang
- Receiving and giving feedback, as well as guidance, to develop and realise your potential as both an animator and a professional
- Inspiring us to think outside the box - be it in animation or in the way you work!
- Animating our SEED main characters
- Naturalistic and stylised humanlike keyframe animation
- Maintaining a high standard of animation quality across Klang
Who are we ideally looking for?
- You have a profound and deep knowledge of the principles of animation and how they are applied
- You have proven experience of working and collaborating well with other Animators within specialised Animation Teams
- You have great technical understanding, logical comprehension and drawing conclusions
- You have robust experience with Maya & Unity
Bonus points for…
- Experience with MotionBuilder
- Experience with other 3D Animation software
- Experience with other graphic software
- A passion for gaming or previous experience working at a gaming company
If you don’t feel that you quite meet all the requirements above, but the position still excites you and you think you would love to work for Klang, reach out! We still want to hear from you.
At Klang, we create products that inspire people to deepen their understanding of the emergent nature of society and collectively envision a better future.
At the heart of Klang is SEED an accessible, persistent world in which players share a history and shape a future. We provide an environment for a broad audience to belong and develop relationships in a society simulation inspired by life itself.
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.