Join us as a Product Owner Fleet Optimization (m/f/d) on a shared journey that matters!
You’ll be part of the Fleet Optimization team which is responsible for balancing the highest possible fleet efficiency with customer happiness. Which vehicle should be assigned to a new passenger, what should idle vehicles do and where should drivers take their breaks? These decisions are made by the optimization system that is built by your team.
The optimization problem at hand is hard to solve (computationally) and critical for MOIAs business success. Therefore, the team comprises some software developers with a strong scientific background in Operations Research. But, since MOIA believes in team-autonomy and end-to-end ownership, the team not only does research on the algorithm but also implements and operates the production system. As a result, every algorithmic improvement is directly reflected in the company’s business KPIs.
What you will do
- Be an advocate for our customers’ needs, gain in-depth understanding of their pain points when travelling through our cities, and empower the team to build impactful features to solve those problems
- Use different insight sources (data, user research, prototyping) to identify potential with an impact towards our mission, strategy and measurable goals
- Balance the needs of the customer with those of the business, and bring that business perspective to the team from discovery to delivery and impact evaluation
- Support the team in balancing development of new features and algorithmic improvements / research. Prior experience with optimization algorithms is considered a plus.
- Prepare and prioritize new features such as epics and stories for planning and refinement meetings within the team
- Collaborate closely with the Technical Designer of the team to share technical and business critical responsibilities, which ensures you are building a stable & high-quality product
- Represent the team within the Product Community
What will help you to fulfill your role
You are comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, love solving complex problems, are keen on managing multiple stakeholders with different backgrounds, are excited to work in high-performance teams and can thrive in a startup culture.
- Excellence: You master the skill to find the balance between business, stakeholder and user needs. You can create a shared understanding to ensure your prioritization is aligned and understood by all relevant parties.
- Visionary: You think big, craft compelling visions for your ideas and understand what makes your products commercially viable (or not).
- Pragmatist: You get things done, make sound decisions and resolve issues effectively.
- Excellent Communicator: People enjoy working with you because you communicate well and evoke optimism, even when you’re communicating complex information. You inspire people by translating your in-depth domain expertise into clear and straightforward language. Plus, you are not afraid of asking a lot of questions to refine your understanding.
- You have basic technical understanding of software systems, but let the team figure out architecture and implementation
- Fluent communication in English is required, German is a plus
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment
We encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all the requirements for the role. We embrace individual growth at MOIA.
Our benefits in a nutshell
- Competitive salary (including bonus)
- Hybrid work setup, flexible working hours, and possibility of flexible work arrangements depending on your needs (parenting, care work, volunteering, etc.)
- Budget and monthly expense allowance for home office setup
- Possibility of remote work from outside of Germany for up to 4 weeks per year from over 40 different countries - Connect work & travel!
- Public transport ticket (fully covered) and discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidized fitness club membership or bike leasing
- Learning environment with continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings and workshops, coaching, conferences, books, and language classes
- Mental health support, 1:1 sessions with external professionals and mental unload workshops
- 30 vacation days, sabbatical and unpaid leave option
- Relocation support with service provider (visa, administration, etc.)
- Dog-friendly offices (at our Hamburg location)
For student & internship positions, we have an adjusted set of benefits. You can find them here.
Be who you are!
We are a member of Charta der Vielfalt and are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA we embrace a culture, where people feel accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
We offer unconscious bias training regularly for all our employees. Also, we are working on making our hiring process as inclusive as possible, such as ensuring a diverse hiring panel. To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include any photograph in your application.
Our Future Work model
Since we love to collaborate, it is clear to us that we don't want to become a fully remote company, but we also don't need to spend every day of the week in the office to do a great job.
Our current hybrid work approach focuses on adapting to different needs, including increased flexibility that works best for the teams and the individuals with as much self-determination as possible.
Who we are
At MOIA GmbH, our team of more than 300 employees develops the technical products for our on-demand ridepooling service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At the same time, we want to make the vision of an autonomously driving mobility service a reality and plan to bring the first autonomous MOIA vehicle to the streets by 2025.
At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
We aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.