Join us as a Full Stack Engineer (m/f/d) in our Shift Execution team on a shared journey that matters!
Our products around drivers and shifts are the key to provide an optimal supply and high efficiency, while maintaining a high level of driver happiness. The Shift Execution team provides the tooling that enables driver managers, vehicle service staff and drivers to be the best and most efficient in their jobs. We are a small stream-aligned team of engineers and domain experts, aiming to deliver software that meets the highest engineering quality in terms of testability, performance, and software architecture. We strive for excellence, are always eager to research, learn and adopt best practices and feel confident in using cutting edge technology.
What you will do
- Be part of a team which continuously improves software quality, applies code reviews, and encourages pair programming. We take ownership for the whole development cycle - from ideation over design to implementation and maintenance.
- Own your code and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver and operate backend services and frontend features.
- Ensure the quality of your code with a healthy dose of unit, integration and end-to-end tests.
- Learn new things every day and share your knowledge.
- Lead the development of our frontend features using React.
- Build and maintain self-contained serverless backend services on AWS Lambda.
What will help you to fulfill your role
You are excited to work in high-performance teams, love solving problems, are eager to learn and can thrive in a startup culture.
- Passion for software development and interest for working in agile teams using modern programming languages.
- A collaborative mindset and T-shaped approach.
- Knowledge of current trends in software design and a strong interest in further development.
- Experience in React, TypeScript and a JVM language.
- Good communication skills and interest in being part of highly autonomous and cross-functional teams.
- Fluent communication in English.
We encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all the requirements for the role. We embrace individual growth at MOIA. Our primary programming language for backend is Kotlin, for frontend we use TypeScript. Additionally, we use:
- Jest, React Testing Library and Cypress
- AWS (serverless services such as Lambda, DynamoDB and SQS)
- GitHub Actions
We don’t expect you to be proficient in all technologies of our stack. Tell us which of them you already used and why you think you can learn those you didn’t use yet.
Our benefits in a nutshell
- Competitive salary (including bonus)
- Hybrid work setup, flexible working hours, and possibility of flexible work arrangements depending on your needs (parenting, care work, volunteering, etc.)
- Budget and monthly expense allowance for home office setup
- Possibility of remote work from outside of Germany for up to 4 weeks per year from over 40 different countries - Connect work & travel!
- Public transport ticket (fully covered) and discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidized fitness club membership or bike leasing
- Learning environment with continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings and workshops, coaching, conferences, books, and language classes
- Mental health support, 1:1 sessions with external professionals and mental unload workshops
- 30 vacation days, sabbatical and unpaid leave option
- Relocation support with service provider (visa, administration, etc.)
- Dog-friendly offices (at our Hamburg location)
For student & internship positions, we have an adjusted set of benefits. You can find them here.
Be who you are!
We are a member of Charta der Vielfalt and are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA we embrace a culture, where people feel accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
We offer unconscious bias training regularly for all our employees. Also, we are working on making our hiring process as inclusive as possible, such as ensuring a diverse hiring panel. To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include any photograph in your application.
Our Future Work model
Since we love to collaborate, it is clear to us that we don't want to become a fully remote company, but we also don't need to spend every day of the week in the office to do a great job.
Our current hybrid work approach focuses on adapting to different needs, including increased flexibility that works best for the teams and the individuals with as much self-determination as possible.
Get more insights on how we work on our blog or follow us on Twitter to find out more about our hiring process.
Who we are
At MOIA GmbH, our team of more than 300 employees develops the technical products for our on-demand ridepooling service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At the same time, we want to make the vision of an autonomously driving mobility service a reality and plan to bring the first autonomous MOIA vehicle to the streets by 2025.
At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
We aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.