About Bold Valuable Tech: Our Vision
Bold is a young company that aims to become a global player in the electric vehicle and special projects sector providing battery technology and engineering services to aviation, marine, motorsport and high-end automotive industries.
We leverage our experience in motorsports to develop high-performance battery technology that is light weight, modular and scalable. We want to make Formula 1 battery technology available at scale.
After achieving a +200% organic revenue growth (no marketing, no external investment/grants) over the last 2 years, Bold is currently preparing for an unprecedented growth stage and is looking to fill several key positions within the company to execute the business plan.
About the Role
As we continue our journey of rapid growth, the Electrification division is looking for the right person to Lead and grow the organisation to design, develop and industrialise a competitive Battery Systems for various high-performance applications.
The candidate will be reporting to the Head of Electrification and provide the technical direction for the product roadmap and engineering organisation. The job is on-site in Montmeló, Barcelona.
Last but not least, we are looking for real people that share our core values: Customer Obsession, Ownership, Boldness, Excellence and Integrity. If you want to spread our people-first values and make a real impact on the world, Bold is your place!
What You Will Do
- Institute standardised product development methods and processes to ensure smooth launches.
- Grow engineering team capabilities in designing, developing, validating, and industrialising of advanced Battery Systems
- Influence the design of our products to increase manufacturing efficiency and quality.
- Develop long term roadmap and strategy for Battery Systems, with resource and financial needs
- Maintain deep supplier relationships with key strategic suppliers
- Evaluate & benchmark OEM and supplier technology roadmaps to gauge competitive position
- Drive Design for manufacturing
- Advise executive management on matters of high performance batteries
What You Need to Succeed
- 10 or more years’ experience in leading engineering to develop high voltage energy storage systems and executing for production applications
- Master’s degree in Electrical and/or Mechanical engineering
- Experience in liaising with suppliers and integrators specifically for battery production
- Experience working with domestic (Spanish) and foreign vendors for equipment
- Experience working with engineering teams for product and process definition and implementation
- Strong current network of contacts within the relevant hardware and software supply community
- Executive presence to report status and recommendations for action
- Up to date with current trends of high voltage battery systems, subcomponents, and charging system technologies
- Be a proactive problem solver that get things done and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Fluency in English and Spanish. Fluency in other languages is a plus.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Industrial, Marine or aerospace battery industry experience is a plus
- Experience with quality standards for the automotive industry, such as IATF 16949 and certification experience such as UN38.3.
What BOLD offers you:
Competitive compensation package in line with job responsibilities and experience.
- High growth, multicultural and friendly environment: Be part of a start-up that thrives on high-performance EV technology.
- Flexible Payment Plan (Restaurant, Transport, Kindergarten).
- Private Health insurance (company level plan): Access to Sanitas plan at a reduced employee cost (for employees, spouse, or children)
- Free coffee, tea & fruit!
- Subsidized canteen
- Brilliant colleagues and Top talent
- Regular events and team building activities
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bold Valuable Technologies, we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness, and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.
Our core values dictate how we live and work. We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients. A business that is engaged in mutual trust and respect for its employees and partners. A place where colleagues perform at the highest levels in a working environment that is collaborative and supportive.