Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
The job we offer: Revenue Manager
The Revenue Manager is in charge of making Jumia progressively profitable by working mostly on the gross margin* aspect of the P&L.
As part of his job, the Revenue Manager will have to show a great understanding of ecommerce and the marketplace, developing streams of services for our sellers and our customers, ensuring by this a road to profitability for Jumia.
The Revenue Manager will be interacting mostly with C-Levels at Jumia, at holding level, group level and country level. It will definitely be a key success factor for him to engage the senior leadership team into what he identified as the next generation of revenue stream.
As our profitability also relies on our topline, the Revenue Manager will be strongly committed with all commercial directors to ensure our new revenue streams do not negatively impact the top line.
Based on his expertise, the revenue manager will also be the owner of most inventory decisions as well as budgets dedicated to investments into prices (e.g voucher).
*Gross margin being composed of: marketplace commission, retail margin, shipping fee revenues, vendors penalties, vendors value added services, logistics fees.
Your position as Revenue Manager entails:
- Monitoring all countries’ profitability path with a strong focus on gross margin
- Controlling voucher budgets
- Controlling inventory
- Minimizing company risk on inventory
- Ensuring a healthy rolling stock
- Proposing smart, nimble pricing model optimizing margin at product level
- Developing the next generation of revenue streams, focused on providing more services to our sellers and our customers
- Assessing the efficiency of all revenue streams
- Benchmarking and challenging countries on their profitability path
- Presenting status versus investor BP to Jumia Group top management
A successful candidate will fulfil the following requirements:
- Ecommerce driven
- Very structured
- Very analytical
- Very organized
- Strong ability to convince and drive local top management on group decisions
- Great inter-personal skills
- Resistant to stress
- Finding simple solutions to complex problems
Expected background and technical skills:
- 3+ years experience in consulting (BCG, Bain, McKinsey), 3+ years experience in ecommerce (Amazon, Alibaba, etc.), 3+ years in top banks
- Top 1% Business / Engineering Schools and Universities
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders