Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Jumia Prime programme is Jumia’s fast-growing loyalty programme targeting Jumia’s high-value customers. The Regional Growth Hacker role requires a data-first mindset & “Growth Hacker” skills to build a 360 degree performance framework through experimentation & analysis. The individual will drive growth activities for Prime across 9-markets regionally in Africa. Primary aims of the position are driving i) engagement ii) value and iii) retention within the Prime segment.
Your responsibility as a Growth Hacker - Jumia Prime will include:
Prime CRM Project & Process Management
- Drive experimentation on different communication and segmentation to drive the most relevant content for each user by using data mining and SQL
- Run experiment analytics to get the performance and identify similar users to scale up for the entire user base
- Own local logics / experiments library, conduct recurrent checks and analysis and suggest improvement ideas
- Content writing for the daily campaigns / experiments
- Drive channel performance through data analysis and content testing in order to improve engagement (visit%) and conversions (orders%) by segment and prevent users from opt-out and uninstall
Guarantee the quality of execution of Jumia prime initiatives
- Own the planning and execution of Prime incentives & campaigns
- Follow up to make sure all ETAs are respected and that all is clear to everyone
- Review communication plan & content
- Drive daily performance during the event to assess the situation and elaborate action plan to correct the performance if needed
Build awareness of Jumia Prime and its value proposition
- Innovative Acquisition Tactics (Referral Campaign).
- Guide Local Growth Hackers in development of effective Prime CRM
- Ensure marketing plans and strategies are benchmarked against other countries and companies.
- Coordinate across local Marketing Teams to ensure ongoing completion of Marketing frameworks (Onsite, Social Media, CRM).
- Design & Develop Education Campaign (Videos, Social Media, Influencers).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Analytics or Engineering
- Growth hacking mindset - grounding in data & analytics, performance-based marketing.
- Proficiency in English / French / Arabic
- Proficiency and Ms Office (especially Excel)
- Intermediate knowledge of data querying (SQL)
- Self motivated and able to work with cross functional teams,
- Project Management, coordination & interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically.
- 5+ years of marketing experience, retention, loyalty role.
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders