Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
At Jumia, we are always looking for new talent! Not only Business Analysts, Data Analysts but also Finance Operations Analysts: if SQL is your DNA, then this is the place to be.
Check out below!
What you will be doing:
- Enabling faster and better decision-making by our leaders as well as automation of processes;
- Execution of diverse analytical projects using statistical as well as machine learning techniques to
help optimize our business processes;
- Developing new dashboards & maintaining and optimizing existing reports;
- Data exploration to understand current data availability; data mining in order to propose new analysis and evaluate the feasibility of fulfilling new information requests from management;
- Ensuring that the data contained within our business reporting is accurate, clean and in line with the definitions as per the business function owner;
- Contribute to preparing data requests for systems teams in order to facilitate the automation of the reporting domain;
- Planning and tracking own work against business and project deadlines.
- Lead the design and implementation of our reporting and data analysis tools, build supporting data models for recurring reports, develop automated and scalable reporting solutions to translate business requirements and complex analyses into actionable insight for leaders;
- Work with various stakeholders to understand their reporting requirements and key business performance indicators; while creating dashboards, using our data reporting platform, to share relevant insights with your users, in a clear way;
Finance Operations Analyst:
- Structure & clarify processes by understanding operational and business needs, liaise with systems’ owners to translate business needs and specify new developments granting the teams access to the right tools;
- Lead the design, implementation, and training of processes aligning countries on best practices and optimizing processes with operational and financial understanding, developing insights on the company’s effectiveness, bringing a holistic perspective to the data and insights we have;
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor´s Degree in Business, Engineering or IT related field;
- Proficiency in SQL languages and in Microsoft applications (PowerBI, Excel);
- Knowledge of statistical programming languages like R and/or Python;
- Strong communicator, strategic mindset with good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Being familiar with clustering & regression techniques would be a plus;
- Proficiency in English;
- Previous experience in a similar role highly desirable.
- Advanced proficiency in SQL, ETL, data modeling, and well-versed with data visualization and building dashboards (PowerBI, Tableau, or similar);
- Familiar with data modeling and database schema design, with great project management skills;
Finance Operations Analyst:
- Passionate about making things happen and getting excited about identifying and delivering simple solutions to complex problems at pace with a strong drive and ability to manage multiple stakeholders across different geographies;
- Think, act and communicate clearly and confidently with your team and stakeholders across the company;
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders