Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
- Monitoring monthly performance across the group and full PnL identifying and conducting root cause analysis on deviations ensuring all departments are aligned with the expected trajectory
- Managing the reporting and tracking of A/B testing and follow up of actions that lead to high impact usage/profitability improvements
- Working with heads of functions to close monthly budget forecast and plan
- Suggest the defining and implementation of performance steering actions to growth in the profitable usage of Jumia
- Giving weekly visibility on key deviations versus Business Plan for the group
- Weekly assessment of the results of growth initiatives (AB tests on shipping fees, Vouchers, Success Rate)
- Weekly assessment of business profitability and usage and suggestions for improvement in these KPIs (change in customer fees, commissions, vendor fees, etc.)
- Ad hoc analysis on high-impact areas of the business (Customers churn rate, Repurchase rate across category, etc.)
A successful candidate will fulfil the following requirements:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced communication skills
- Fast learner
- Resistant to stress
- Independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations
- Strong desire to pursue a career in Jumia
Expected background and technical skills
- Top Business / Engineering Schools and Universities
- 5+ years experience
- A significant experience in ecommerce, management consulting, venture capital, company creation or category management (retail) would be appreciated
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel (VBA would be a plus)
- Ability to analyse large data sets to make strategic decisions
As a whole, we expect someone passionate, creative and able to work efficiently. We expect a smart and hard working individual, with a strong willingness to become a leader at Jumia.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders