Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
As Head of Grocery, you will be responsible for managing and steering the performance of our different value propositions while ensuring synergies between all (PG, OnDemand Services, Grocery Hypermarket Stores, and Provision stores).
- Managing and steering the performance of our different value propositions while ensuring synergies between all.
- Sourcing the 5K products+ necessary to cover all grocery consumer needs on eCommerce.
- Ensuring all retail supply is going through the revamped retail contract with the right economics for Jumia.
- Managing the assortment of our dark stores to cover 1,5K+ products (from ecom to dark stores).
- Acquiring hypermarkets, supermarkets, chains of provision stores on our quick commerce to cover key areas.
- Ensuring 100% availability for eCommerce and dark stores by managing daily replenishment of our main warehouses and dark stores.
- Ensuring AAA customer experiences.
- Coordinating with marketing to enhance visibility on our different value propositions.
- Creating and maintaining the ecosystem of tools, processes.
- Launching Brand to Store with the key grocery brands.
- IS Grocery vs target for each line of service (Ecommerce, quick commerce hyper/chains of provision stores, dark stores).
- # of orders on eCommerce with more than 10 unique SKUs.
- % Availability in JE for eComm next day.
- % Availability in Jumia Dark stores.
- # of hyper/provision stores on ODS with more than 500 SKUs live.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree from a reputable university (MSc/MBA is a plus).
- +10years from the retail industry, directly involved in managing sourcing (Game, Shoprite, etc).
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders