Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
About the role:
The Head of Account Management is managing a set of strategic accounts at regional level for ODS and managing functionally all teams in-country responsible for these accounts locally.
The Head of Account Management is also in charge of redefining the account manager role, routines and processes to improve the efficiency of the team.
- Upgrading account management routine, processes and tools across all Jumia geographies.
- Managing a portfolio of strategic regional accounts for Jumia: yearly plan alignment, monthly performance review, weekly performance steering.
- Achieving the targets of GMV and revenue for the portfolio of accounts.
- Feeding our weekly and monthly promotions with exclusive deals across all markets.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 7+ years’ experience in the on-demand industry, ideally on account management or planning
- Strong management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to anticipate, structure and organize
- Good business acumen
- Data driven, high attention to details and impact oriented
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders