Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
About the Role
The Real Estate Manager is responsible for implementing the company's internal real estate strategy (including a wide range of real estate solutions: searching for new premises, extending or terminating lease arrangements, or signing sublease agreements).
- Assists business units and higher management with lease-related tasks including renewal, relocation, and termination.
- Oversee the opening and shutting of new locations.
- Responsible for new site due diligence (including liaison with local authorities).
- Maintain a portfolio master sheet to keep track of changes in lease expirations, store performance, and rent payments.
- Be the principal point of contact for all real estate operations pertaining to leasing, property management, and brokerage for internal stakeholders, landlords, and property managers, and brokers.
- In charge of the negotiation of all LOIs in order to accomplish the required strategic objectives and aid in the execution of any applicable leases, purchase contracts and other transactional documentation.
- Coordinate with other departments for real estate operations, transportation, financial management, health and safety risk assessment.
- Monitor and analyze the transaction's financial components.
- Strong Project Management skills (Complex projects) and proven track record
- Strong sense of cooperation (internal and external stakeholders)
- Understanding of real estate transactional and contractual papers
- Capacity to communicate effectively in both oral and written English and develop succinct and accurate written materials.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced, flexible setting with a large volume of work.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders