Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Jumia in Porto
At Jumia Porto Tech Center we boast over 16 different nationalities. We have around 350 employees from several business areas, from IT, to Finance, to HR. The IT team represents 75% of it, so as you can see we are a major tech company, and as a Tech company, we share an innovative spirit. At Jumia PTC you will work under the most updated technologies and work methodologies. We are great fans of Agile philosophy and we aim to keep things simple but smart. Also, for Jumia, technology relates with improvement for our world. We see technology as something we need to put purpose into. Our mission is to leverage technology to improve everyday life in Africa and we do it by delivering convenient and affordable online services to consumers, helping them fulfill basic everyday needs. And while we’re present in Africa, we get to take African economy online, helping small and large businesses grow and reach new consumers. This is what drives our day to day decisions.
We are looking for great people to join our amazing teams and celebrate our achievements. At Jumia we work hard, but we do Tech with Purpose!
If you are eager to have your first contact with a fast-paced environment, join us as an intern and you'll be exposed to and mentored by a diverse and international team, with dynamic, smart, and motivated people working together on a very exciting challenge.
No need to choose between a consulting firm, a multinational or a startup environment: you can have it all with us. In this 6-month minimum internship based in Porto, you will play an active part on our teams and lead game changing projects across the business for decisive impact at internet speed!
Join amazing people who value collaboration, flat hierarchy, agility, trust, care and fun. Jumia hosts a blend of local and international top talents with previous bluechip and ground up experience: we are changing people’s lives in Africa and building the biggest internet company in an untapped continent.
If you want to be part of this exciting adventure, you can join us both for a curricular or professional internship. Check out below!
Some of the (many) things you may do with us:
- Get your hands on computer science fundamentals and have the opportunity to work closely with the Development, Security, DevOps, and Architecture teams to develop highly scalable solutions to Jumia’s business needs.
- At Jumia we are data driven, always looking into the future. Our data teams are building the next generation of data science and analytics solutions, using state of the art technologies and platforms on Big Data and Artificial Intelligence.
- Provide best in class consumer experiences to our users within our engineering, quality assurance and project management teams.
- Contribute to support Jumia’s overall financial goals and be part in delivering best-in-class effective solutions in support of our business objectives. You will be a key part in financial planning and analysis, commercial finance, supply chain finance, research and development finance, internal audit and other finance areas.
- Human Resources:
- You will have the chance to learn how to build up great teams and help us enhance our employee experience, bringing in your expertise to grow together with Jumia!
- Site Reliability:
- Create a bridge between development and IT operations by taking on the tasks typically done by operations. Be an engineer who use automation tools to solve problems by creating scalable and reliable software systems.
What we are looking for:
- Gap year or final year of Master’s degree
- Enthusiastic about digital businesses & emerging countries
- Street smart, energetic and willing to take on field work
- Leadership abilities
- Agility and strong ability to deal with ambiguity in a multicultural environment
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders