Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
What you will be doing:
- Perform, Monitor and document BS reconciliations on, but not limited to, the following accounts:
- Account receivables and Bad debt calculations
- Account payables
- Accruals and prepaid accounts
- Intercompany Project - full reconciliation of balances/ intercompany settlements and respective documentation
- Oversee of Tax Accounts - analytical reviews and understanding on variances + reconciliation of tax provisions
- Support in Audit requests
- Ad Hoc analyses and process improvement
What we are looking for:
- Degree in Management / Finance / Accounting or equivalent;
- Minimum 2 years experience in audit/accounting in an IFRS environment is a plus;
- Proficiency in English written and spoken;
- Analytical skills;
- Attention to Detail;
- MS Office proficiency (especially in Excel).
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term objective is to train the next generation of leaders